Amazed

I am just continually amazed at how awesome GOD is! I guess I shouldn't be, but sometimes, the Lord sends people into my life that just remind me of his unfailing love for me - and it AMAZES me! WOW!

Have you ever just blinked, and your life just changes. There is no option, no fighting, relenting - you're just changed? I mean, goodness! I feel like I have had one of those these past few days. I mean, there is complete confusion, fear beyond belief, but at the same time peace and understanding that I know everything is going to be fine. What an amazing feeling that is.

I was at Lifeway on Friday night (they were having lots of sales, and staying open till 11...I'm a sucker for stores when they have extended hours like that. Ha!) and as I was walking around, I saw a green coffee mug that was adorned in a golf theme. I looked at the cup closer and on it was an excert from James 1:2-4: (2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.)

When I saw those words ("...the testing of your faith develops perseverance.") it hit me like a thud - a good thud. According to dictionary.com the word 'perseverance' means:

–noun
1. steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
2. Theology. continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation.

I really feel that's where I am at in my life - and the Lord has just thrown something at me for me to persevere 'in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.' And let me tell you, I have had A LOT of those feelings of discouragement lately.

Wow, and what can I saw about faith?! For starters, it can be the hardest thing in the world to do. Faith - have you ever thought of just how incredibly complex that word is? To TRULY have faith, w/o understanding. That's hard to do. I really believe that GOD tests us sometimes, just to see that we are willing to place all of our faith in him. I pr*y that I am like that and don't have to go through what Jonah experienced. Would you please pr*y for me? Pr*y that I will make the right decisions and follow my Saviour earnestly 'to the ends of the earth' if that's what he wants.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum